The mission of Straw Dog Writers Guild is to support the writing community by strengthening, engaging and connecting writers at all levels of development.
We are a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to the craft and transformative power of writing, designed to serve writers throughout the region by promoting individual growth, community outreach and enrichment, and community building.
We accomplish this directly and through our members by offering:
- writing craft programs in multiple genres, including poetry, fiction, non-fiction, and memoir
- manuscript editing and revision referrals
- roundtable discussions with local authors and publishing professionals
- outreach to under-served populations through fiscal sponsorship, free programs, and events.
- a welcoming community for writers to gather and network.
Straw Dog Writers Guild is a volunteer 501(c)3 organization, committed to paying writers for their presentations. Your tax-deductible memberships and donations help support them.