Welcome, Straw Dog Writers Guild Member!
We are delighted that you have chosen to become a member of Straw Dog Writers Guild. And we thank you, many times over. Members help us with our new initiatives, such as paying writers for running our workshops and funding programs to marginalized groups. Straw Dog Writers Guild is a 501(c)3 non-profit, your membership is tax deductible.
As a member, you are:
- A patron and an advocate of literature.
- Raising the literary profile of Western Massachusetts by bringing writers to our salons and workshops.
- Encouraging emerging talent.
Your membership entitles you to:
- Enjoy unlimited free ads for your events or services in the newsletter & website
- Feature your book covers on the Straw Dog Bookshelf moving banner on the website
- Highlight your bio/website/social media & photo on the Straw Dog Members Page
- Apply for a free Writing Residency at Patchwork Farms Retreat
- Submit poems without fee to the upcoming Straw Dog Writers Poetry Anthology
- Read from newly published books at annual Straw Dog Authors Showcase
- Be a part of a growing & vibrant community of writers
We are also currently exploring an offering of Fiscal Sponsorship for Writing Group Leader Members looking to apply for local and statewide grants, with the intent of offering free or reduced rate programs to underserved communities in Western MA.
Please let us know if you would like to become more involved with Straw Dogs. We are run by volunteers and we welcome your areas of expertise. We need help with fundraising, committees, & events. Please be in touch with us if you would like to get more involved at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership cards are now digital and we will be sending your digital membership card in the mail shortly!
Thank you, and welcome to the Straw Dog Writers Guild!